I’ve made some good food lately that I’ve been waiting to share with you/haven’t got around to sharing with you yet. Right now, once a week is all I can manage for a full recipe post, but I promise some good ones in the near future.
To make it up to you, I’m trying something new to keep me writing in this space on the (more than once a week) regular.
In addition to my recipe posts, I’ll be sharing my “Things I Love Thursday” list.
Inspired by Gala, I’ve been writing gratitude lists regularly over the past year. They’re usually small things that occur to me over the course of a day that I’m thankful for. (I try to think of them in groups of threes, it’s weird.)
It’s a practice in positivity and enjoyment of the little things that make life great. It makes me feel good and fosters happiness even on a regular old Tuesday.
I thought it would be nice to share some of these things, as they are very often (too often) related to food. But really it’s just about identifying and appreciating the beautiful moments in regular life.
Here’s what I loved about this past week:
* Croissant missions. Always and forever.
* April Bloomfield’s porridge oats – the secret is half rolled oats, half steel-cut. Creamy and toothsome and awesome on the cooler mornings we’ve been having.
* Planning for New York and New Orleans in 4 weeks!
* Weird foggy mornings at the beach.
* Matt Moran’s fish pie made by Fabes.
* The fireside table at our local Asian tapas place (doesn’t everyone have one of those?) and their amazing miso soup. The miso’s made in-house and they toss in mushrooms and a scallop or two. Pretty much the best antidote to winter.
* Heated blankets and nightly chocolate fixes.
* Modcloth dresses and affordable delivery to Australia.
* Finding tweaks to everyday things I like to cook to make them better: a little cinnamon in the chili and a lot of dill in the chunky vegetable soup.